Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Detroit Portfolio

Going into my teenage years, standing in front of a camera was a novelty thought: the attention, preparation, glam, all of it sounded very desirable.
I love photography and dressing up, so it must be easy, right?  

My friend Janae is a model and was traveling to Detroit for a photo shoot.  We gathered up our outfit changes, and ventured out to the D.

The city of Detroit has a variety of scenery that captivates the attention of my creative eye.  The photographer suggested an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of the city.  

I had the impression that a photo shoot consisted of a 30 minute segment of shots narrowed down, photoshopped and plastered on cover pages of a magazine.  

As if it were that easy.  The entire shoot lasted around 5 hours, ended up with 240 pictures, those were narrowed down to 20 pictures.  

This doesn't guarantee any sort of promotion, exposure, or revenue of any sort.  

So in short, it was a valuable experience and I'm very proud of myself for going through with it.

Will I be disappointed if I don't end up on the cover of GQ?  Probably not.  Although it would be amazing.

It was still a dream come true nonetheless.

Best life to all,





No comments:

Post a Comment